Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Morning Reflection ~09/25/10

Happy Saturday to you all! Smiles to you this day sent with positive energy and thoughts to brighten and challenge your day. How boring life would be without challenges, if everything just went our way with no speed bumps. Sure we think we would like that constant and never ending victory, but would we get smug? Would we get lethargic in our motion and not even enjoy the process. I would think so, to enjoy the passion of victory we must also have sampled defeat.

Just some thoughts this Saturday.

My daughter, Tori was on the phone last night, the conversation filled with laughter and joy.

What a pleasant sound then to find out she was on a 3 way conversation with 2 other girlfriends, self taught 3 way conversation, heck I still have trouble with this process. Smiles across my face just to hear that laughter fill the house.


Today as usual I pick a post from the past, a reflection of a post from September 24th, 2009. Enjoy : )

Giving Thanks on Thursday 09/24/09

Happy Thursday and I hope everyone has a super day. It is a blessing to be alive and have health. So much activity in and around the Pittsburgh area with the G20 Summit here this weekend. It starts today and it looks like a military zone and thousands of police both state and local are called out to maintain order. I pray for all of their safety and that they are able to maintain order this weekend.

Watching the news is like watching a blender in action. You see lots of action but really it is not as big of a deal as it looks in the moment. Your better off doing something else while the blender is going and just turn it off when the mixture is ready.

So my three things that I am grateful for today.

* My family - - it is indeed a pleasure to have family that cares about you thoughts.

They inspire me daily to not only write but to wear that smile no matter what. My son is miles away in Houston, Texas. I pray for him daily and will be calling him Friday but I am sure he is enjoying Houston and the surroundings. I love them all.

* My memories - - I am grateful for the ability to look back and reflect on what I have been able to do over the last 46+ years. Not all things worked out exactly the way you wanted and often they will not. But I feel that I reacted the best I could and feel no regret. I hope the next 46+ years are just as fun. My prayers of thanks today were sent up and my prayers for all of you, some with surgeries coming up, some with family issues, and some with needs of employment I have faith for you and pray for you all.

* My attitude - - Growing up was not an easy journey for me. No need to trudge through all of the details, it does not equate the future or help it in any way so why bother. I believe that the true focus in life should be where you are now, and where your going and what can you do now to make a difference for yourself and others. When we take the time to truly be givers then life matters more. Not just for us but for all.

Life is like a pot of chili, no matter what all the parts play a role, it can be mild or spicy, thick or thin it always tastes good. Just remember it always tastes better when you share it with friends or family.

So what are you thankful for? I am glad so many of you stopped by yesterday for some Wednesday Wit. I have already found some things for next week.

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. You all are truly kind and blessed for all of the things that you share with me and others.

So I hope you find this Thursday a day to make a difference and share a smile, look for that person who just may need one of yours.

Till next time..... Smile!

www.makemesmileonline.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Some thoughts on sharing a smile, your smile with so many who come within your circle of influence.

Till next time....share a smile, make a dream come true and make someone's else a bit happier.

www.makemesmileonline.com

************************

Where membership is always free and

so are the smiles!

**************

Make ME Smile Online

The ME is really all about YOU! Join today !

***********

Stand out in a sea of frowns and Make a Difference

No comments:

Post a Comment