Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Prayer and Sunday Thoughts ~03/27/2011

A very happy Sunday to you all! April is almost here, how this year has rushed on by. What a year it has been, so much news has happened thus far this year, incredible events that have made the year go ever quicker so it seems.

One of my favorite lyrics growing up was from the song American Pie by Don McLean.


A long, long time ago...

I can still remember

How that music used to make me smile.


And I knew if I had my chance

That I could make those people dance

And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.


But February made me shiver

With every paper I’d deliver.

Bad news on the doorstep;

I couldn’t take one more step.


I can’t remember if I cried

When I read about his widowed bride,

But something touched me deep inside

The day the music died.

That song was sung to a generation going through so much. Buddy Holly had died in February 1959 and this generation grew up with his music. Dances and 'sock hops' as they were called was the generations expression during that time. The 60's was a time of war and chaos with the death of so many young soldiers, a race riot and the death of so many prominent leaders, two Kennedy's and Martin Luther King. The song reached into so many hearts and spirits that it still resonates even today.

This year thus far has had so many challenges, war, death of Liz Taylor, the overthrown government of Egypt, the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Challenges might not be the right word here.

But yet.... We push on, we learn to trust in God, utilize the power of faith in the human spirit to adapt and push on.

To stay hungry and stay foolish to push on pass any failure and understand that truly it was just an education.

To set our sights for better days and not dwell on and hide during the worst of days. We work and walk through hell not sit around and wait for a rescue.

That is our human spirit and that is the way I pray it always remains.



Just a Sunday Thought and a Sunday Prayer for you.


Live your life, make a difference!

God Bless you and Till next time......Smile!!! : )

Stay Hungry ~ Stay Foolish

Happy Sunday everyone

Some thoughts on sharing a smile, your smile with so many who come within your circle of influence.

Till next time....share a smile, make a dream come true and make someone's else a bit happier.

www.makemesmileonline.com

************************

Where membership is always free and

so are the smiles!

**************

Make ME Smile Online

The ME is really all about YOU! Join today !

***********

Stand out in a sea of frowns and Make a Difference

No comments:

Post a Comment