Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Giving Thanks on Tuesday ~ December 15, 2009

Happy Tuesday everyone! Yes a little warmer than the past few days at least here in Pittsburgh. So the countdown to Christmas continues only 10 more days.


So how are you doing heading into the holidays? Christmas shopping almost there or are you like me the last minute bargain hunter. I hope you enjoy the season!



This is a very special time to be grateful.


Gratitude for the season, family get togethers, good food, good deserts.


So much to be thankful for.


Without a doubt there are people who for the first time can't be with their loved ones.


Maybe they have passed on to a better place or maybe they are in the armed services.


Trust that they are with you in spirit.


I lost my father in 2002 and I still believe in my heart and soul that he watches over me. There is comfort that they are not hurting anymore and they are indeed in a better more perfect place.


So what travel plans do you have this season?


Or are your travelers coming to you?


I live in the town I grew up in but I do remember those days when a 5 hour drive or 8 hour drive when I lived in Delaware was par for the course at the holidays. But it was so refreshing to wake up and know that you are with family, the smell of the coffee seemed to be better, the baked goods in the over, the smell of dinner. The games of rummy or UNO! Great fun and great memories to boot!


I am very grateful for those days!


So enjoy you Tuesday and like my Sunday poem stated 10 (3minute) session of exercise won't cure everything but it will sure help you with all that egg nog and holiday cookies.


It also helps with the Holiday stresses.......Enjoy your day!


Till next time.....Smile and enjoy your Tuesday!


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment