Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some Thoughts on a Sunday ~ November 15, 2009

Happy Sunday everyone! Another beautiful day in Pittsburgh and I hope where ever you are the weather will be kind to you.


As I stepped outside this morning to breathe in the sights and sounds I stepped out and looked down on myself and listened to all the sounds around. The quiet, the running squirrel and the far off birds and barking dogs. How quiet nature and the wind can be this time of day.


I hope and I know many of you do get to take some time for yourself every morning even if it is just for 10 minutes just to sit and listen to nature, your thoughts and quiet. How refreshing that sound can be.


So as I listened to the quiet and nature I started to reflect back on this year. Wow how fast it seems to go. Is it because I write every day? Maybe I think. I look forward with joy the time that I take each morning to share my thoughts about the smile and importance of gratitude in ones life.


Yes I am a christian and I do believe so in the power of prayer. No doubt about that but I am also as I think God would want us to be in tune with what we have been given on the inside of our minds and bodies. How are we meant to use it? Why do we do the things we do when many times it is harmful to our existence? Why don't we step out on faith in our abilities to take some risk whether it be saying hello and starting a conversation or trying something new with careful abandon.


Why ? The question for today is why don't we?


I write here on Gather because I enjoy the feeling that I am making a difference. Even if only with a few for now I read you comments. They resonate with my soul and inner being.


I thank you for that.


I write here and then repost the content on Make ME Smile Online. (www.makemesmileonline.com)


MMSO as I shorten it was launched on March 18, 2009 of this year almost eight months ago this Wednesday. We have 27 members on the home sight and another 24 members on the Network Blog section of Facebook. (if your a facebook member look for me or email me at vyakin@makemesmileonline.com I would love to get to know you more and add you.)


I enjoy looking at the stats and visitors that stop by MMSO. I have had people from all over the world. India and Sweden and Germany to name a few. How exciting it is to see the message and smiles spread all over. I like that too.


But most of all I pray every morning that I will reach out to a few and shape their day. Not in a literal way but in maybe reaching out and giving them something to pray on. Think on and change their state or frame of thought just or a minute or so.


Much like a painter does with their work at an art gallery. My canvas is here at Gather and MMSO.


Much like a singer who uses their voice to comfort or excite the soul. My voice is typed out and etched into history one word and thought at a time.


My goals are lofty for MMSO. I know it takes time. I don't get any monetary gain out of typing each morning and I know many friends and those who know me wonder why I do it.


Why to I wake up every day so early and type out my thoughts they ask. Why because it feels right. I don't hope this will make a difference to anyone. I type with expectations that it will. I don't pray that I will keep doing this I instilled in myself true passion that I will.


Do I want to make a living doing what I have so much passion for. Sure I do.


The book has been started I know I don't take time to formulate it now but my goal is to have it done next spring.


The style and shape of MMSO is still a work in progress I have some grand idea's for that.


But the message is simple and will always flow from my soul and spirit to you through these words on Gather and MMSO. I hope if your not a member of MMSO take time to look it through. It is free, it is fun, it will make you think and hopefully make you smile or laugh.


But above all I hope it makes you share and teach others about gratitude and its power and the power of the smile.


Till next time..... enjoy you day....and smile!


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment