Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Morning Wisdom ~ November 16, 2009

Happy Monday another week is here! I hope your weekend was good filled with laughter and smiles!


Pittsburgh had a big weekend of sports Saturday the Penguins played and won in overtime over Boston in hockey. And the Panthers cruised over Notre Dame in college football. But the Steelers could not find a way to beat the Bengals yesterday. Sigh, two out of three is not bad.


That was a song huh?


This Friday is also light up night in Pittsburgh and we always go downtown to watch the fireworks and lights. We also shop a little for Christmas and have some Hot Chocolate. A great time filled with many memories.


One thing we all can create for our children or grand children (none of these for me yet thank you, grandchildren that is) is memories.


I still cherish many things from my childhood. The freedom I obtained when I bought my first car, used mind you but it was still freedom. What memories I had, then I purchased a Pontiac Trans AM red in color, how I would polish and shine those wheels. My dad helped me with the second purchase and he helped me shine and wash it as well. Great memories.


We also had traditions, my mom and dad would both slave over the oven and kitchen and bake many hundred nut horns and several dozen nut roll. Grinding the nuts and adding the honey I do remember watching that but I remember the eating of those nut rolls more. I used to pull the spiral apart, like eating a Oreo cookie the best part was inside.


We always put the tree up over thanksgiving weekend, big shiny blue green aluminum tree. With the little ball that shined up light onto the balls and tree with multicolor wheel spinning about. Even the tree stand had a motor and turned that metal tree. What hours I spent as a little kid watching that tree and light.


So what memories do you have? What was your families signature cookie or pastry? Will you go to any light up nights or parades this week?


What ever those memories where or who ever you created them with they are yours. Make sure you make some new memories this year for the ones you love. Take time to spread joy and smiles for sure but make sure you create a lasting memory for future posts and blogs and Monday morning trips down memory lanes.


May your day be blessed today. May the smiles stretch with happy thoughts.


And till next time.... take the time to smile and make a difference!


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment