Thursday, October 22, 2009

Giving Thanks on Thursday ~ October 22, 2009

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone has a great day filled with smiles! Smiles for you and that stranger you pass in your travels today.



Life is very basic when you think about it.


Yes there are many layers to it but it really comes down to simple needs that we must feel that we all have.





The needs of survival of ourselves and family.


Basic needs such as food, air, water, clothes and safety.


The needs of safety for ourselves and family. Financial, health and short and long term confidence.


The needs of being Social. For example friendship, being part of a community, love and intimacy.


The need of having esteem, notably self esteem. Example being able to respected by others and ourselves.


The last need of having dreams, goals, wants, things we want to achieve.


Those are the basics and when we look at each one they are what each of us wants for ourselves and those we care about.


Next week I am going to talk about these and how the simple act of gratitude and the smile can have an affect on each and every stage of the basic needs.


I hope you enjoy it. But for now I just want you to reflect on these over the rest of the week. Take a close look at how your needs are being met or what you can do to maybe adjust your focus on ones that are lacking.


Thanks for all of your comments and views yesterday during the Wednesday Wit. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did sharing them with you.


I pray each morning and give thanks to God for the meeting of my needs. I pray not for things, I pray with thankfulness. My health, my safety is in his hands. Yes I have free will not to do things that are dangerous to my health and safety. But we all have the necessary wisdom to know the difference.


Enjoy your Thursday!


Enjoy your smiles that you give yourself!


Make a difference by passing some along to others today.


At the checkout at the grocery store. The stranger who holds the door open for you. The lady who passes you by on the sidewalk.


May those who you come in contact see the light that shines within your spirit.



May your light shine bright today!


~~~~


Till next time.....Smile!


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment