Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Theory ~04/21/11

Happy Thursday everyone! A day off to enjoy, and some travel as I take both of my kids to Ohio to visit family.  Their Aunt is meeting me half way so four hours round trip of driving. The quality time with my kids will be awesome, the drive back some quiet time.  So asking for prayer and positive thoughts sent my way, it is appreciated.
I was going to write about life's disappointments and how to best handle them.  But I was slightly sent in another direction by a quote that I found here is the quote:


"Suspense is worse than disappointment"
~Robert Burns


What a quote, five words and I have to say the first way that I thought of this quotes is not the only way.
That is the one best things that I like about quotes from the past.
You don't really know the mood or even the personality of the writer much so you have to really think on the quote.
My first mental thought on this quote was 'really' how absurd the thought that life with all of its randomness could ever leave the drama and uncertainty in such a bad light for anyone.
The best part of going into a new day is the suspense of life and how each moment can turn out.  Sure we are in control of our thoughts and actions but truly much of life has twist and turns and waves of energy that flows our way and that suspense makes it, life full of passion and joy.  Would never stop the suspense of a new meal or experience because it may be disappointing. Never in a million years.
The next way I looked at it, after I came down from the ceiling in angst was the author may have been telling us that if you really look at it, the it being disappointment, then if you never look at it in a bad light it will always just be another outcome not a big deal what so ever. Just another outcome.  The suspense is the worst thing not the disappointment of the finality.  The result is just an education nothing more.
I like that, made a little more sense and the message accepted.
Which leads me to this quote.
Life is full of lessons
any lesson learned
wanted or not
has power
Power to build, shape and empower
With that power at our disposal the lesson
should be eagerly longed for.

Always enjoy that moment, each moment is made and designed for you.
My Thursday  Theory
Enjoy your day and may it be a day filled
with smiles and magic and love!
May your smiles abound.

May your joy lift another spirit.
May you stay hungry and stay foolish!
May your heart be warmed because it always was.
Smiles sent your way this day and always!
Happy Thursday everyone! : )

Some thoughts on sharing a smile, your smile with so many who come within your circle of influence.

Till next time....share a smile, make a dream come true and make someone's else a bit happier.

www.makemesmileonline.com

************************

Where membership is always free and

so are the smiles!

**************

Make ME Smile Online

The ME is really all about YOU! Join today !

***********

Stand out in a sea of frowns and Make a Difference

No comments:

Post a Comment