Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Gratitude Attitude *New* ~02/22/11

 


Happy Tuesday everyone and welcome to a very challenging day in Pittsburgh, last night we had around 8 - 10 inches of snow.  All roads were awful and side roads even more so.



 


My personal story is I walked home about five miles last night after having to park my car at a local drug store. It still sits there, sorry to say.  Never felt so alone walking home, no gloves just trudging through the snow and wind on normally busy roads that were pretty deserted.


A couple cars past me, which is fine I can't say I blame them at 10pm at night.  I did have a gentleman in an old pick up truck pick me up and took me the last mile home. Walked in the house around 11pm.


Janice and Tori stayed one more day in MI since the roads were very bad and dangerous to come home so it was just me.  Oh yeah the pets, dogs and cats where happy to see me. LOL I must have looked like a snow man walking through the door.


So do I have gratitude that I made it home. You bet.


Do I have gratitude that Tony, the guy in the pick up truck took the time to ask me if I needed help.  You bet.


Do I have gratitude that my pets stood at the ready to welcome me home, yeah you bet I do.


It is when the times get the toughest that the Gratitude attitude becomes so important.


Sure my body aches and I am working Thursday instead of today.


Sure I need to figure out what and how to get my driveway ready for the wife and daughter to pull into.  It will be ready.


Sure I need to figure out how to get the car some miles away at the local drug store.


I'll figure it out, maybe I can find a ride there, maybe a friend will be home, who knows.  But what I do know is I am alive, I am loved and God watched over me as I walked home.


I didn't crash, my car kept moving even though I got stuck a few times.  A few kids pushed me out one time, which I could of stopped and said thanks but I had to keep pushing through the snow or the car would have stopped again.


Gratitude Attitude works, you have to laugh sometimes at the pain, even though you may have cursed it for a few seconds, you push on and keep smiling so how and it works.


We work and life goes on.


You can love life and live it, or you can hate it and wish you didn't have to. Ultimately it is your choice, my choice, I choose life every time, with a healthy dose of gratitude on the side.




When you can't have what you want,


it's time to start wanting what you have.


~Kathleen A. Sutton




 


Happy Tuesday everyone!


May you start to develop that Gratitude Attitude


May you always stay Hungry


May you always stay Foolish


~~~~~~~


May you never struggle to live with love


It is inside of you right now that thing called love


Share it, care for it and always be grateful for it


~~~~~~~~~~~




Smiles sent your way this day and always!


Some thoughts on sharing a smile, your smile with so many who come within your circle of influence.

Till next time....share a smile, make a dream come true and make someone's else a bit happier.

www.makemesmileonline.com

************************

Where membership is always free and

so are the smiles!

**************

Make ME Smile Online

The ME is really all about YOU! Join today !

***********

Stand out in a sea of frowns and Make a Difference




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment