Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Giving Thanks on Tuesday ~ 04/13/10

Good day everyone and happy Tuesday to you all. Tuesday I set aside purposely and with intention to give thanks to the things in my life that I have gratitude for. My journal entry and my prayers are filled not with requests for the wanted but thanks for the things already had.



Today my gratitude quote that I hope you enjoy and mediate on:


To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant,


to enact gratitude is generous and noble,


but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.


~JOHANNES A. GAERTNER:


True words written and shared well.


We have a lot to be grateful for. So much in fact that we should never have trouble living in the state of gratitude.


I am grateful for my son and daughter who both have so many great qualities. Qualities like compassion, love, kindness to nature and animals. True empathy to another who is in need.


What great qualities for a 15 and 13 year old.


I am grateful for my spirit of belief that the past does not equate to the future. The past is stories already told and over and done with. The future is yet to be unfolded and I help to unfurl it.


We all help to unfurl and lay out our future.


We all share in the responsibility of our future. The way we look out and believe that this will be enough.... this will be better than yesterday, it helps to lay out our future appreciation.


Yesterday in my comments Steph-in-NE .....Her son leaves for the Army today. He is then deployed in 21 days to Afghanistan. Our thoughts, our prayers and our pride goes with him.


To any mother out there with a child in the military. This poem I found is for you.


My Soldier's Mom


by Roger J. Robicheau


Dedicated to Moms of our military...


My child, you glow in uniform In pride I live, my heart so warm


I have such precious thoughts cascade Some old, some new, not one will fade


How hard that day we said good-bye The joy, the pain, etched in my eye


You left to serve our Country well My perfect one, my tears did swell


No better soldier could there be For in my love, that’s all I see


Oh how I pray for you each day Be safe, be well, God guide your way


I keep your Home in wait with me Your Mom will guard it faithfully


How great the day when you’ll return We’ll talk and talk, night-lights to burn


My Soldier’s Mom, is who I am While you do proud, for Uncle Sam


©2002 Roger J. Robicheau


Gods Speed to you all! A mothers love is the best, her pride, her care and regard for a child raised from so tiny to someone who stands so very tall for a nation.


Till next time.........Smile and love one another


and always share your gratitude.


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment