Thursday, January 28, 2010

Giving Thanks on Thursday ~ 01/28/2010

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope your day is a blessed one and most of the east coast I think the best advice is to dress warm.


A scary moment here yesterday and a request from me today.



Missy my partner of 7 years had a diabetic spike of unusual proportions. She was not acting her self and seemed a little disoriented Wednesday and promised me that she was alright and was taking the necessary steps to get her sugar under control.



She is a type 1 and when I called her around 10 her speech and orientation got worse so I drove home and called the paramedic's along the way back to the house.


Luckily it was the best thing I did as upon arrival at the hospital she had a blood glucose level of 1400.


She quickly became unresponsive with normal vitals such as BP and pulse etc. Her potassium level was also very high.


She is still in ICU and I am going back this morning to follow up with Dr's and staff as to if her pump malfunctioned or she just did not have it connected right. I also will be by her side to see how she is doing. Tori, my daughter has been very strong and she is very thankful that I made that call and listened to that feeling with in.


So I ask for prayers for Missy and keep us lifted in your thoughts. I will keep you updated as I learn more.


I pray every morning for guidance, wisdom, safety. I felt uneasy leaving the house and got even more unease as the early morning progressed. Follow your instincts, listen to the heart and that little voice.


Giving thanks to the Doctor's, paramedic's and staff and I give thanks to God for his gentle touch and prodding to make a difference in Missy's life.


I give thanks for my faith and belief and for the timing each step that was made that made an impact in so many lives within my family. She is not out of the woods completely led but I feel she is in the best hands.


Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your friendship and prayers.


May God bless you and keep you safe in your travels.


Till next time.....Smile and stay focused on the positive!


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment