Friday, November 13, 2009

Flowing Into Friday ~ November 13, 2009

Good Morning everyone and welcome to Friday! It is going to be a great day today!


Ok how do I know this? Well.... I don't but guess what what is the alternative?


It is going to be a lousy day? No I don't think that, so why start out trying to lose your way.


Yesterday I spoke about making a difference with a smile, and showing gratitude to ourselves everyday not just on the holidays.


If you read the comments Len yesterday commented on something that he noticed.


"I've noticed something strange recently. Walking down the street I'll smile and offer some greeting when I pass someone. It's almost depressing that many people won't return the greeting and I almost never get a smile in return."


"When I do, it feels really good."


First I appreciate his comment and more so I appreciate him sharing how he feels when the smile is returned or not. Thanks for taking the time to share your smile and kind words Len. I know many of you do share your smile, but since he commented yesterday I want to mention a little something here.


Here our my thoughts on this, you never know what random thought goes through this persons mind after you walked on by after you said hello. You just may in a few seconds made him stop and acknowledge that someone cared enough to say hello.


How many times have you heard someone say.... What's good about it .... after you say Have a good day... Or Good Morning.... How sad huh? Well guess what everyday is a great day! Number one we are alive, the world around us is operating at a constant speed. Most everything is moving as it should forwards and for the good. So why is this persons day not moving that way. Maybe some of it is fortune, but maybe more is attitude.


Maybe your smile will make the difference. Maybe a kind word will change it even for a second or two.


A couple of great quotes here:


Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James


and


There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton, Vesalius in Zante


Be that candle with your smile and words and through your daily actions be the mirror that reflects and shares its desire to uplift, enrich and share joy.


Love is what this hurting world needs at times. A smile can send love, a smile can enrich another persons life. Even for just that moment, and really who is to say how many will be enriched for more.


Till next time... enjoy your flow into Friday and share your smile with another!


www make me smile online dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment