Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Inspiration

I just got done watching the movie 'Homeless to Harvard' on Lifetime. It is a 2003 movie and I was moved enough to share some quotes from the movie that should inspire you.

The summary of this movie is about Liz Murray who born with parents that were both drug addicts she was homeless by age 15. Graduated high school in 2 years instead of 4 while eating out of dumpsters in NYC. She focused on working hard, staying positive and had the attitude that she belonged and received a Harvard education on her way to earning a degree in clinical psychology.

One word, Wow!

Her quotes from the movie for sharing:

I knew at that moment I had to make a choice. I could submit to everything that was happening and live a life of excuses... or I could push myself. I could push myself and make my life good. ~Liz Murray

I'm smart. I know I can succeed. I just need a chance. A chance to climb out of this place I've born in. Everyone I know are angry and tired. They're trying to survive. But I know that there is a world out there that is better, that's better developed. And I want to live in it. ~ Liz Murray


My mother was dying. My father was gone. But I had to believe that their road
would rise up to meet me. ~ Liz Murray

The road did rise for her. She did it with pure will, attitude and a fire in herself that would not be put out by anyone.

The human spirit will always be stronger than we could ever imagine. Tap into your spirit, tap into your fire and make a difference.

Power Action Thought Number 118 ~ Know thyself, dig deep into who you are and know just know what you can become with the right attitude and a desire and start it all with a smile!

Thats all for now, believe in yourself! Believe in what you can do, what can be done and just do it.

Start everyday with a smile and end everyday with a smile!

Till next time! Smile!!

Links about Liz Murray and the Movie:





No comments:

Post a Comment