Saturday, May 30, 2009

Staying Focused

[Focus.jpg]
~DISTRACTION~

By Holly Watson


Psalms 63:1

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. ~ NIV


I almost got off track. I almost allowed my own excitement,
emotions and feelings to get in the way of what the Lord is trying to accomplish.


How easy it is to forget that this is NOT about us.

This is NOT about ME!


There is a far greater picture than what our eyes can see.


It is easy to get distracted in life. We get all caught up in ourselves and
our flesh wants to take over. Sometimes gently, but swiftly,
the Lord nudges us back on track. He gently pulls us back to Him.


At times He will allow us to go on for a while and see how far we will wander, but He won’t let us go very far. He will allow something in our lives to get our attention.


Something that awakens that part of us, the part that knows; that we know
where HE is leading us. We have that knowing deep within our being.


It is there for all of us if we want it. It is there for all of us that “go deep” within ourselves.


Stop and center yourself; you hear Him softly whisper.

Remember me.

Remember where I have brought you from and now where I am taking you.


My Word is your foundation. Don’t allow your eyes to wander to and fro.

Don’t allow yourself to be wooed away from My presence.

Stay the course.

Keep your eyes on Me and I will guide you.




No comments:

Post a Comment